Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe, LLP, pioneered the use of class action litigation to recover unpaid overtime compensation under California law for large groups of employees, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. Representing workers in cases throughout California and, with co-counsel, throughout the United States, we have brought some of the largest and most important overtime cases, and our firm is a widely acknowledged leader in this area.
Nationally Recognized Advocates For Workers Denied Fair Compensation
Wage and hour actions can arise from many illegal employer practices. In addition to achieving large negotiated settlements across the spectrum of compensation disputes, we have tried to verdict cases arising from employee misclassification, unreimbursed expenses and unlawful tip skimming. Our efforts have spanned many industries and occupations, including representation of insurance claims adjusters, pharmaceutical sales representatives, computer technology workers and financial services professionals.
Our San Francisco-based wage and hour class action attorneys' many case successes have included:
- A jury verdict for over $90 million for a group of insurance claims adjusters, in a case that ultimately resulted in a recovery of over $200 million;
- A $65 million settlement for IBM computer technical workers who were forced to work uncompensated overtime;
- $9.75 million in compensation for delivery drivers for overtime and minimum wage violations as well as being illegally required to pay the employer's business expenses;
- $8.5 million in overtime wages and missed meal and rest break compensation for technical workers at a large financial institution; and
- Numerous other successful class action verdicts and settlements in which millions of dollars were recovered for our clients.
Clients and co-counsel attorneys benefit from our extensive experience litigating federal and state laws relevant to unpaid overtime and other wage and hour issues. We have invoked California's Private Attorney General Act of 2004 ("PAGA") and are one of a few firms to have litigated WARN Act and California Family Rights Act class actions, for example.
Turn To Proven, Dedicated Bay Area Wage And Hour Attorneys
If you believe your rights to fair pay have been violated or have questions about an employer's policies, please contact us at Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe, LLP. We also welcome co-counsel inquiries from other accomplished lawyers nationwide.