At Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe, LLP, we have successfully litigated and negotiated a wide range of employee leave cases. Our lawyers' experience in this area extends from the complex interrelationship of pregnancy leave, family leave and disability leave rights to military leave.
Bay Area Employment Attorneys Defending Family, Disability, And Military Leave Rights
Our lawyers are skilled defenders of our clients' rights under important laws such as:
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), which protects many U.S. workers' jobs should they need to take leave for reasons such as the birth or adoption of a child, their own serious medical conditions or those of certain immediate family members;
- The California Family Rights Act (CFRA), Pregnancy Disability Leave Law and Fair Employment and Housing Act, which offer protections for pregnancy disability and family/medical leave as well as, in some cases, job protected leave as a reasonable accommodation for a disability; and
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and California laws offering protection to service members against discrimination and employer retaliation for taking military leave.
Experienced Litigators For Individual Cases And Class Actions
We stand among a select group of employment law firms to have prevailed in class action litigation as well as individual suits involving job protected leave rights. Our prominent successes have included obtaining:
- A $6.3 million settlement for a group of employees who allegedly were fired in violation of the California Family Rights Act — in a case that also compelled the employer to change policies regarding the processing of leave requests;
- Substantial settlements for military reservists whose employers have violated the USERRA or state-specific California laws protecting military service members; and
- Recoveries for numerous individual clients whose pregnancy and/or family or medical leave rights were violated.
Contact Our San Francisco-Based Employment Law Firm
If you believe your rights to take a leave have been violated or you were wrongfully denied the right to return to work, our firm may be able to assist you. We also welcome inquiries and co-counsel opportunities from other accomplished attorneys nationwide. To request a consultation, please contact us at Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe, LLP.