At Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe, LLP, we have a unique concentration in the representation of U.S. employees whose rights are violated while working overseas. Few Bay Area firms have expertise in this complex area of practice. Our attorneys have litigated cross-border cases, spoken and published articles regarding international employment law, and taken active roles on the International Bar Association (IBA) Discrimination Law Committee and Class Action Task Force.
Lawyers Experienced In Representing American Employees Working Overseas — And Foreign Nationals Working In The United States
Our San Francisco-based international employment lawyers are prepared to evaluate cases for employees working anywhere in the world for U.S.-based or U.S.-controlled corporations. We have also taken action for foreign citizens working here in California. We recognize the sense of vulnerability cultural differences and visa status can create and consistently take steps to address our clients' individual concerns and risks.
Attorneys at our firm have a strong grasp of the nuances of cross-border litigation, the application of treaties and other procedural and logistical issues relevant to our clients' cases. Our IBA presence and reputation provide access to an accomplished network of overseas lawyers when needed. Our experience includes providing counsel and representation for:
- A Hong Kong-based employee who was fired after complaining about sexual harassment at a global finance firm;
- A London-based employee of a California company's U.K. subsidiary who asserted disability discrimination claims under U.S. and British law;
- A Chinese citizen working in the U.S. who asserted claims for race and national origin discrimination;
- A China-based employee of California company fired after reporting alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act; and
- Individuals in need of negotiation services or action to enforce their expatriate employment contracts.
Contact A Northern California Employment Law Firm With A Global Presence
If you have concerns or questions about sexual harassment, discrimination, contract negotiations, just compensation or other legal issues as an international employee, please contact us at Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe, LLP. We also welcome inquiries from our peers in the legal community worldwide.