Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe, LLP, is dedicated to ensuring that employees receive all rights and protections to which they are entitled under California and federal laws, including protection from retaliation, unlawful denial of leave rights, illegal noncompete agreements, and invasion of privacy. When our clients' rights are violated, we bring to the case decades of experience litigating these types of claims.
Bay Area Advocates For Victims Of Illegal Whistleblower Retaliation And Unlawful Employment Practices
Our attorneys have deep and extensive experience litigating all forms of unlawful employment practices, including illegal employer retaliation and whistleblower cases. We frequently review noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements for compliance with California law and rigorously investigate allegations of employer wrongdoing.
Our lawyers have achieved exceptional results for our clients in a broad range of employee rights and unlawful employment practices cases. A few of these highly significant outcomes include:
- A $2.78 million jury award to an executive who blew the whistle on corporate theft of trade secrets;
- $1 million in punitive damages awarded by the jury to an employee who refused to sign an illegal noncompete agreement;
- A $1.6 million jury verdict for a manager who was fired after complaining about sexual harassment in the workplace;
- A $6.3 million settlement for a group of employees that allegedly were fired in violation of the California Family Rights Act;
- A class action settlement awarding approximately $8.6 million in federal and California WARN Act claims for former employees affected by a mass layoff; and
- A confidential settlement to a military reservist fired from a civilian job for taking military leave ("USERRA" claim).
Proven Litigators Versed In The Spectrum Of State And Federal Protections
We have experience in litigating longstanding protections such as those provided by the Fair Labor Standards Act and WARN Act, as well as more recent legislation such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
Individuals and groups of employees turn to our San Francisco-based employment rights attorneys with confidence in our ability to handle complex, high-value litigation. Our reputation also brings us many referrals and co-counsel opportunities. To discuss any suspected violation of employee rights and protections or address related questions to our attorneys, please contact us at Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe, LLP.