William P. McElhinny
Will McElhinny joined Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe in the summer of 2015 following his clerkship for the Honorable William Alsup in the Northern District of California. Will represents employees litigating individual and class-action lawsuits. He is experienced in wage and hour, wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, breach of contract, and executive compensation matters.
Will is a graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, where he worked on behalf of the Michigan Innocence Clinic representing innocent defendants in criminal appeals and re-trials. Before attending law school, Will worked as a paralegal at the Mississippi Center for Justice, a public interest law firm advancing racial and economic justice in Mississippi.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Wage and Hour
- Discrimination, Retaliation, and Harassment
- Employment Agreements and Severance Negotiations
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2016
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Bates College, Lewiston, Maine
- Major: History and Political Science