Erin M. Pulaski
Ms. Pulaski has been consistently recognized for her advocacy on behalf of employees and executives. In 2015, she was named one of the Top Women Attorneys in Northern California by San Francisco Magazine. She has been recognized as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” a distinction given to no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state. Ms. Pulaski has also achieved the highest possible rating of “Superb” on Avvo.
Ms. Pulaski represents employees in all aspects of employment litigation, and is particularly experienced in wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wage and hour and unpaid commission claims. She represents clients in both state and federal court, in binding arbitration, and through trial and appeals. Ms. Pulaski also handles confidential prelitigation negotiations on behalf of current and former employees.
Ms. Pulaski understands that a successful outcome depends upon hard work, determined advocacy and a strong working relationship with her clients. She is an aggressive advocate in all phases of litigation, from negotiations to motion practice, to trial and post-trial appeals. Ms. Pulaski has been an active member of several successful trial and arbitration teams, including two individual employment cases in 2015 that resulted in seven-figure judgments for our clients.
Prior to joining Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe, Ms. Pulaski worked as an attorney at a Los Angeles employment and civil rights firm, where she represented employees and others who were subjected to workplace and civil rights violations. Ms. Pulaski also served as a law clerk to Chief Judge Sidney R. Thomas of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Ms. Pulaski is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Berkeley Law), where she graduated in the top 10% of her class. While a student at Berkeley Law, Ms. Pulaski served as a teaching assistant to former Professor Goodwin Liu, now a California Supreme Court Justice. Ms. Pulaski also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Charles R. Breyer of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
Ms. Pulaski is a member of the California Employment Lawyers Association, and sits on several committees dedicated to obtaining justice for employees in California. She is also a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the State Bar of California and the National Employment Law Association.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Wage and Hour
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- Employment Agreements and Severance Negotiations
- Executive Compensation
- Wrongful Termination
- Unpaid Commissions
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley, California
- J.D., Order of Coif, 2009
- University of California, San Diego
- B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2005
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star (2016)
- San Francisco Magazine - Top Women Attorneys in Northern California (2015)
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star (2015)
- Top Settlements (Largest Employment Law Settlement of 2015)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Labor & Employment Section
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Barristers Club
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- California State Bar, Labor & Employment Section
Past Employment Positions
- Schonbrun DeSimone Seplow Harris & Hoffman, LLP, Associate, 2012 - 2014
- Gilbert & Sackman, A Law Corporation, Associate, 2010 - 2012
- Judge Sidney R. Thomas, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Law Clerk, 2009 - 2010
- Altshuler Berzon, Summer Associate
- Judge Charles R. Breyer, Northern District of California, Judicial Extern
- Berkeley Law, Teaching Assistant (Constitutional Law)
- Berkeley Law, Teaching Assistant (Written & Oral Advocacy)